Sunday, April 4, 2010

Poached Eggs a la Charentaise

"Every believer in this world of ours must be a spark of light, a center of love, a vivifying leaven amidst his fellow men." ~ Pope John XXIII
I felt kinda meh about this recipe. I think it's because it was prefaced by my throwing away 5lbs of perfectly good hamburger because my husband is hyper paranoid about meat that's been in the fridge for over 24 hours and refused to eat it. Add to that, I didn't really have proper ingredients for it. I was going to make my next monastery dish tomorrow, a bean dish, but since the beans needed soaking, I was not prepared for it tonight. Also realized after making this, that it's not really suitable for planned leftovers as a poached egg really doesn't keep. The kids were full of jelly beans and refused to eat. Was a wash overall.
Anyhow. There's potatoes.
And cheese.
And eggs. And supposedly cream but I was out so I used milk.
And cooked:
And the dairy free rice milk batch:

This is a good way to use up extra eggs but it's dairy heavy, doesn't keep, and I don't see it making our regular rotation any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment